Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms With Baked Eggs Recipe
Quinoa-stuffed Mushrooms with Baked Eggs
This week's recipe is our take on one of Gordon Ramsay's recipes from his book Healthy, Lean & Fit: Mouthwatering Recipes to Fuel You for Life. Perfect for a Mother's Day brunch, this Quinoa-stuffed Mushrooms with Baked Eggs is healthy and full of flavour. It's a great way to show your appreciation for your mom, or just make it for yourself and enjoy!
4 Large portobello mushrooms (steams removed) Olive Oil sea salt and freshly ground pepper
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced using The Garlic Peel and Chop
3 1/2 cups baby spinach thinly sliced
1 cup quinoa (approximately 1/3 uncooked)
1 thyme sprig, leaves picked
4 Small eggs
A pinch of paprika (optional)
A pinch of nutmeg (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF
2. Place the mushrooms gill side down on a baking sheet, drizzle each with a little olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Put the sheet into the oven and roast for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat and add a dash of olive oil. When hot, sauté the chopped mushroom stocks with a pinch of salt for 3 to 4 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic, spinach, and nutmeg to the pan and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, until wilted.
4. Stir in quinoa and thyme leaves.
5. Remove the mushrooms from the oven and turn them over so that the cups are facing upwards. Spoon the quinoa and spinach onto the mushrooms.
6. Create a small dip in the middle of each mushroom and carefully break an egg into each dip. Sprinkle paprika on top.
7. Put the sheet back into the oven for 10-12 minutes, until the egg whites are cooked through and the yolk are still runny. Serve immediately.